Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lagrange, OH (Jan 2023)
- Lagrange Solar Installation Cost: $12,687
- 25-Year Savings: $17,917
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lagrange
Trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be a difficult task, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar companies provide can be helpful as well, particularly if you don't quite know what brand of solar equipment you need.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Lagrange:
See all of the solar companies in Lagrange
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lagrange
Although the average cost of a solar system in Lagrange is $12,687, your final cost may differ. There are quite a few factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's a priority to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Usually, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Lagrange, which can reduce, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's crucial to include that in your estimate as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Lagrange is the company you get to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services at different price points. Additionally, some companies in Lagrange are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$14,764||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$19,971||10.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$25,323||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$30,817||10.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$36,455||9.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$42,237||9.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$48,161||9.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$54,229||9.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Lagrange, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the project timeline.
EcoWatch's Lagrange, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.