Solar Panel Cost Guide in Howard, OH (Jan 2023)
- Howard Solar Installation Cost: $13,727
- 25-Year Savings: $17,687
- Payback Period: 10.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Howard
Installing solar panels yourself can be a difficult undertaking, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar power, opting for a solar installer can help with that as well. Different providers can offer repairs, expertise on how to install solar panels and sometimes even information on local incentives, rebates and net metering programs.
If you're looking for a solar company in Howard, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Howard
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Howard
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Howard is $13,727, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
The size of the solar energy system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,560. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In many cases, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Howard to be too expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in paying more over time due to interest. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you choose will influence your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$13,434||11.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$18,199||11.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$23,107||10.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$28,158||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$33,353||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$38,691||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$44,173||10.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$49,798||9.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you want to get plays a part in which installer you should go with, since different companies provide different panels.
EcoWatch's Howard, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.