Solar Panel Cost Guide in Hilliar, OH (Jan 2023)
- Hilliar Solar Installation Cost: $13,727
- 25-Year Savings: $19,360
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Hilliar
Although it's possible to install solar panels by yourself, it involves extra effort and know-how. That's one of the reasons the majority of homeowners choose a solar panel installer. Local solar companies can also help you maximize your return on investment by assisting with any local incentives and by offering warranties and repairs.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Hilliar
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Hilliar
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Hilliar: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in Hilliar, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy usage, which you can figure out by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,560 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Hilliar, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Hilliar provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you choose will play a role in your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$14,745||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$19,947||10.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$25,292||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$30,781||10.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$36,412||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$42,188||9.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$48,106||9.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$54,168||9.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the endurance of your solar panel system, making sure your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Hilliar, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.