Solar Panel Cost Guide in Greentown, OH (Feb 2023)
- Greentown Solar Installation Cost: $13,942
- 25-Year Savings: $13,322
- Payback Period: 12.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Greentown
Trying to put up solar panels on your own can be a time-consuming undertaking, which is why using a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you're unsure what kind of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar company can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Greentown
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Greentown
For many Greentown homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Greentown, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,560 per kilowatt in Greentown. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your power bills. In addition, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Greentown average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Greentown to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in a higher cost over time because of interest. While solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Greentown homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose will play a role in your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$9,852||13.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$13,423||13.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$17,137||12.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$20,995||12.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$24,996||12.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$29,140||12.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$33,428||11.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$37,858||11.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you need to install plays a role in which installer you should choose, since different companies have access to different panels.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar company. Make sure you understand how the installation process will go and the project timeline.
EcoWatch's Greentown, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.