Solar Panel Cost Guide in Granville, OH (Feb 2023)
- Granville Solar Installation Cost: $13,601
- 25-Year Savings: $18,884
- Payback Period: 10.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Granville
Putting up solar panels on your own can be a challenging project, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also offer access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be best for you.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't certain which solar installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Granville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Granville
There are a number of criteria that can affect your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with better efficiency or power generation use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,560. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your power bills. Additionally, extra products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Granville average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Granville homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. Though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Granville homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to green energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating throughout Granville, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$14,493||10.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$19,611||10.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$24,873||10.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$30,277||10.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$35,825||10.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$41,516||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$47,351||9.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$53,329||9.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies offer different brands and models of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Contract: When looking over your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Granville, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.