Solar Panel Cost Guide in Goshen, OH (Feb 2023)
- Goshen Solar Installation Cost: $13,207
- 25-Year Savings: $10,981
- Payback Period: 13.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Goshen
Trying to install solar panels yourself can be a difficult task, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. The payback period on an investment in solar panels will vary depending on factors like your location and energy use, but working with a solar company can help you reach a break-even point sooner. Your provider will be able to help you apply for incentives available in your area.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Goshen
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Goshen
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Goshen is $13,207, your final cost may differ. There are quite a few factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,560. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Goshen, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Goshen homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. Though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Goshen homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final key cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in Goshen, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$8,518||14.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$11,644||13.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$14,914||13.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$18,326||13.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$21,883||13.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$25,582||12.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$29,425||12.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$33,411||12.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the cost.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for defective panels and repairs over a couple decades are the gold standard in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one mark of a quality company.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Goshen, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.