Solar Panel Cost Guide in Garfield Heights, OH (Feb 2023)
- Garfield Heights Solar Installation Cost: $14,121
- 25-Year Savings: $16,157
- Payback Period: 11.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Garfield Heights
When going solar, many homeowners choose to hire a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a time-consuming project. Another benefit of working with a solar installer is that they can help you optimize your ROI by lowering your future costs of repairs and replacements with the help of warranties and informing you of local incentives you can take advantage of.
Working with a vetted solar installer can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Garfield Heights
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Garfield Heights
There are many criteria that can influence your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,560. The model of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will significantly influence costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Further, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Garfield Heights homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you opt for to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Garfield Heights, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and choose a company that has the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$11,880||12.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$16,127||11.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$20,517||11.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$25,050||11.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$29,727||11.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$34,547||11.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$39,511||10.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$44,618||10.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: If you care about the durability of your solar panels, checking if your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer different brands and models of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Garfield Heights, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.