Solar Panel Cost Guide in Finneytown, OH (Feb 2023)
- Finneytown Solar Installation Cost: $13,243
- 25-Year Savings: $10,946
- Payback Period: 13.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Finneytown
Installing solar panels on your own can be a difficult project, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
Working with a licensed solar installer can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Finneytown
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Finneytown
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Finneytown: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. That's why it's crucial to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The brand and type of equipment you get for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is out of reach, solar loans are an affordable route because they reduce your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you get to install your solar panel system can influence the cost. Finneytown's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$8,461||14.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$11,568||14.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$14,818||13.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$18,212||13.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$21,749||13.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$25,430||12.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$29,253||12.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$33,221||12.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installer you choose considerably impacts your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure you look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be done and what the project timeline is.
- Warranty: A high-quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Finneytown, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.