Solar Panel Cost Guide in Fairborn, OH (Feb 2023)
- Fairborn Solar Installation Cost: $13,332
- 25-Year Savings: $11,125
- Payback Period: 13.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Fairborn
Trying to put up solar panels on your own can be a stressful task, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. In addition, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar energy, going with a solar installer can help with that as well. Different providers can offer repairs, expertise on solar panel installation and sometimes even information on local incentives, rebates and net metering programs.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't sure which solar system installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Fairborn
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Fairborn
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that affect your total cost in Fairborn: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,560. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your power bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Fairborn average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Fairborn offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. Although solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Fairborn homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Fairborn is the company you choose to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$8,544||14.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$11,678||13.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$14,956||13.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$18,378||13.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$21,943||13.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$25,651||12.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$29,502||12.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$33,497||12.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before making your decision.
- Warranty: Many companies offer different kinds of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
EcoWatch's Fairborn, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.