Solar Panel Cost Guide in Dent, OH (Jan 2023)
- Dent Solar Installation Cost: $13,243
- 25-Year Savings: $10,946
- Payback Period: 13.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Dent
Installing solar panels on your own can be a stressful undertaking, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you aren't sure what kind of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Dent
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Dent
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that affect your total cost in Dent: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,560. The brand and kind of equipment you choose for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Dent homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to green energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating in Dent, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$8,461||14.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$11,568||14.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$14,818||13.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$18,212||13.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$21,749||13.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$25,430||12.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$29,253||12.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$33,221||12.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you choose will affect not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different types of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure you look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: Solar panel companies that have great reviews from their customers and that have been operating for many years most likely offer good-quality solar panel installation and expertise.
EcoWatch's Dent, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.