Solar Panel Cost Guide in Covedale, OH (Feb 2023)
- Covedale Solar Installation Cost: $13,243
- 25-Year Savings: $10,946
- Payback Period: 13.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Covedale
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Hiring a solar company can make switching to solar power much easier. Plus, if you aren't sure what brand of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar company can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you're searching for a solar company in Covedale, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Covedale
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Covedale
There are many factors that can affect your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,560. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Covedale, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Covedale offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. It's a good idea to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you select will influence your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and choose a company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$8,461||14.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$11,568||14.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$14,818||13.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$18,212||13.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$21,749||13.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$25,430||12.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$29,253||12.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$33,221||12.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you go with will affect not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to maintain an open line of communication with your solar company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the completion timeline.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies have different brands and types of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Covedale, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.