Solar Panel Cost Guide in Canton, OH (Feb 2023)
- Canton Solar Installation Cost: $13,942
- 25-Year Savings: $13,948
- Payback Period: 12.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Canton
DIY solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Hiring a solar company can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Plus, if you're unsure what kind of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Canton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Canton
While the average cost of a solar system in Canton is $13,942, your final cost may differ. There are many factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with greater efficiency or power production require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,560. The brand and type of equipment you get for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Canton, which can bring down, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. Even though solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Canton homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last major cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the growing popularity of renewable energy solutions in Canton, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. The company's size can sometimes play the most significant role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$10,336||13.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$14,068||12.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$17,943||12.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$21,962||12.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$26,124||12.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$30,429||11.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$34,878||11.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$39,470||11.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they know how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before making your decision.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Canton, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.