Solar Panel Cost Guide in Canfield, OH (Jan 2023)
- Canfield Solar Installation Cost: $14,049
- 25-Year Savings: $12,388
- Payback Period: 13.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Canfield
When going solar, many homeowners decide to use a solar installer since installing solar panels yourself can be a difficult project. Plus, if you're not certain what brand of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar company can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Canfield
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Canfield
Though the average cost of a solar system in Canfield is $14,049, your final cost may differ. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,560 per kilowatt in Canfield. The model of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will significantly affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Further, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is difficult, solar loans are a popular route because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Canfield homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you hire to install your solar panel system can impact the cost. Canfield's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Companies that only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and choose a company that has the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$9,038||13.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$12,337||13.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$15,780||13.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$19,366||13.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$23,095||12.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$26,968||12.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$30,984||12.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$35,144||12.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Canfield, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the cost.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer different brands and kinds of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Canfield, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.