Solar Panel Cost Guide in Brooklyn, OH (Jan 2023)
- Brooklyn Solar Installation Cost: $14,121
- 25-Year Savings: $17,010
- Payback Period: 11.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Brooklyn
When going solar, many homeowners decide to go with a solar installer since handling can be a time-consuming project. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
Working with a professional solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Brooklyn
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Brooklyn
For many Brooklyn homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Brooklyn, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,560 per kilowatt in Brooklyn. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Brooklyn have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you choose to install your solar system can play a part in determining your pricing. Brooklyn's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in Brooklyn know more about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$12,530||11.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$16,993||11.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$21,600||11.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$26,350||11.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$31,244||10.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$36,281||10.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$41,461||10.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$46,784||10.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Review the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand how much it will cost, completion timeline rebates and warranties.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Warranty: Each company may offer different kinds of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar panel installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
EcoWatch's Brooklyn, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.