Solar Panel Cost Guide in Amberley, OH (Jan 2023)
- Amberley Solar Installation Cost: $13,243
- 25-Year Savings: $10,946
- Payback Period: 13.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Amberley
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since trying to put up solar panels yourself can be challenging. The expertise that solar companies offer can be valuable as well, especially if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment you need.
Working with a licensed solar installer can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Amberley
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Amberley
For many Amberley homeowners, the decision to install solar panels rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Amberley, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's important to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Amberley to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in a higher cost over time due to interest. Although solar loans make going solar more accessible for Amberley homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to solar energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Amberley, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. The company's size can sometimes play the most considerable role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices due to access to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.66||$11,182||$8,461||14.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.61||$14,623||$11,568||14.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.56||$17,920||$14,818||13.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.51||$21,074||$18,212||13.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.46||$24,084||$21,749||13.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.41||$26,952||$25,430||12.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.36||$29,676||$29,253||12.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.30||$32,256||$33,221||12.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: Homeowners should understand how exactly the installation process will go, as well as important factors like the project timeline.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the installation process.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
EcoWatch's Amberley, OH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.