Solar Panel Cost Guide in Yorktown, NY (Feb 2023)
- Yorktown Solar Installation Cost: $8,652
- 25-Year Savings: $17,026
- Payback Period: 8.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Yorktown
Trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be a dangerous task, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also provide access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for you.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Yorktown:
See all of the solar companies in Yorktown
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Yorktown
There are many criteria that can play into your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power generation use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,950. The brand and type of equipment you get for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Yorktown provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's important to take that into consideration as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you pick will play a role in your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size sometimes plays the most considerable role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$23,918||8.8 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$32,221||8.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$40,689||8.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$49,322||8.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$58,121||8.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$67,085||7.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$76,214||7.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$85,508||7.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you choose will influence not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should consider, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the installer in regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panel system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's Yorktown, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.