Solar Panel Cost Guide in Woodmere, NY (Feb 2023)
- Woodmere Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $18,534
- Payback Period: 7.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Woodmere
DIY solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Hiring an installer can make your swap to solar power much easier. The expertise that solar installers provide can be helpful as well, particularly if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment would be right for your home.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Woodmere
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Woodmere
There are a number of factors that can play into your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar panel system in Woodmere, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,950 for each additional kilowatt you need. The type of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will significantly impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Further, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Woodmere homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar system can influence how much you pay. Woodmere's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in Woodmere are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$28,406||7.8 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$38,205||7.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$48,169||7.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$58,298||7.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$68,593||7.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$79,052||7.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$89,677||6.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$100,468||6.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you opt for will affect not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a substantial role in the company you opt for.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different kinds of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
EcoWatch's Woodmere, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.