Solar Panel Cost Guide in Wantagh, NY (Feb 2023)
- Wantagh Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $14,421
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Wantagh
Although it's possible to install solar panels on your own, it takes extra effort and know-how. That's why most homeowners choose a solar panel installer. Plus, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar energy, going with a solar company can help with that too. Different providers can offer warranties, expertise on solar panel installation and sometimes even information on local incentives and net metering programs.
Working with a professional solar installer can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Wantagh
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Wantagh
For many Wantagh homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Wantagh, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's important to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Typically, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Wantagh have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you pick will influence your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,993||9.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,654||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$37,480||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$45,472||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$53,629||8.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,951||8.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$70,438||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$79,091||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Reputation: Long-standing companies likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Contract: When looking over your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different kinds of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
EcoWatch's Wantagh, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.