Solar Panel Cost Guide in Walworth, NY (Feb 2023)
- Walworth Solar Installation Cost: $8,962
- 25-Year Savings: $6,920
- Payback Period: 14.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Walworth
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be challenging. Plus, if you're not certain what brand of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Walworth
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Walworth
For many Walworth homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Walworth, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's important to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Usually, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are an affordable choice because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's vital to keep that in mind as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last key cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in Walworth, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$9,083||14.7 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$12,441||14.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$15,964||14.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$19,653||13.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$23,506||13.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$27,525||13.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$31,709||13.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$36,059||12.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will have different brands and kinds of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different kinds of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
EcoWatch's Walworth, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.