Solar Panel Cost Guide in Van Buren, NY (Jan 2023)
- Van Buren Solar Installation Cost: $9,561
- 25-Year Savings: $5,937
- Payback Period: 15.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Van Buren
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners opt to use a solar installation company since handling can be a difficult project. The expertise that solar installers offer can be valuable as well, particularly if you don't quite know what kind of solar equipment you need.
Working with a professional solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Van Buren
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Van Buren
There are a number of criteria that can influence your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's important to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The brand of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Furthermore, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Van Buren have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's vital to take that into consideration as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Van Buren is the company you get to install your PV system. Similar to choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$7,190||16.0 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$9,917||15.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$12,809||15.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$15,867||15.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$19,089||14.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$22,477||14.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$26,030||14.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$29,748||13.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the company regarding how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover defective panels and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one sign of a quality company.
EcoWatch's Van Buren, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.