Solar Panel Cost Guide in University Gardens, NY (Feb 2023)
- University Gardens Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $14,421
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in University Gardens
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a time-consuming undertaking, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Some solar companies, especially local ones, can help you better understand incentives in University Gardens, thereby optimizing your ROI.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in University Gardens
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in University Gardens
The cost of installing a solar system in University Gardens can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is the size of the system you need, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,950 per kilowatt in University Gardens. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Typically, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in University Gardens have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for University Gardens homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you opt for to handle your switch to renewable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in University Gardens, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. The company's size sometimes plays the most significant role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,993||9.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,654||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$37,480||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$45,472||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$53,629||8.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,951||8.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$70,438||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$79,091||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar system running smoothly and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it fully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
EcoWatch's University Gardens, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.