Solar Panel Cost Guide in Syosset, NY (Jan 2023)
- Syosset Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $14,421
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Syosset
Trying to install solar panels yourself can be a dangerous task, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. A solar installer can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't certain which solar system installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Syosset
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Syosset
The cost of installing a solar system in Syosset can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The biggest one is your system size, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
When it comes to estimating the cost of solar panels in Syosset, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy usage, which you can figure out by looking at past electricity bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,950 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Syosset, which can lower, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar system can affect your pricing. Syosset's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in Syosset have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,993||9.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,654||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$37,480||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$45,472||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$53,629||8.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,951||8.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$70,438||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$79,091||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you go with will be a major factor in determining not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should consider, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about your solar system's energy production.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Syosset, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.