Solar Panel Cost Guide in Southampton, NY (Feb 2023)
- Southampton Solar Installation Cost: $8,033
- 25-Year Savings: $14,338
- Payback Period: 9.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Southampton
Many homeowners decide to hire a solar installation company since figuring out how to install solar panels by yourself can be a lot of work. Companies can also have access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for you.
Working with a professional solar company can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Southampton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Southampton
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Southampton is $8,033, your final cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with greater efficiency or power generation use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,950. The brand and type of equipment you get for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Southampton provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining significant cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of clean energy solutions in Southampton, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Southampton have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,650||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,197||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$36,909||9.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$44,786||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$52,829||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,037||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$69,410||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$77,948||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry various brands and kinds of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the installer with regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar system is installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Southampton, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.