Solar Panel Cost Guide in South Valley Stream, NY (Jan 2023)
- South Valley Stream Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $19,905
- Payback Period: 7.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in South Valley Stream
When going solar, many homeowners opt to go with a solar installer since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a time-consuming project. The expertise that solar companies provide can be invaluable as well, particularly if you don't quite know what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in South Valley Stream
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in South Valley Stream
There are a number of criteria that can play into your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in South Valley Stream, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past electricity bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,950 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are an affordable option because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's important to consider that as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar system can impact the cost. South Valley Stream's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$30,543||7.4 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$41,055||7.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$51,732||7.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$62,573||7.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$73,581||6.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$84,753||6.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$96,090||6.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$107,593||6.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in South Valley Stream, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a big role in the company you opt for.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's South Valley Stream, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.