Solar Panel Cost Guide in Searingtown, NY (Feb 2023)
- Searingtown Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $14,421
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Searingtown
Although it's possible to install solar panels yourself, it requires extra effort and handiness. That's one of the reasons most people choose a solar panel installer. A solar company can also help save you money over time by providing warranties, repairs and component replacements.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Searingtown
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Searingtown
There are a number of factors that can determine your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power generation use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,950. The type of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will substantially impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Plus, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Searingtown, which can reduce, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's crucial to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Searingtown is the company you get to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, there's no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. The size of the company sometimes plays the most considerable role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because they have more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,993||9.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,654||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$37,480||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$45,472||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$53,629||8.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,951||8.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$70,438||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$79,091||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a big role in the company you opt for.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the project timeline.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Searingtown, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.