Solar Panel Cost Guide in Seaford, NY (Feb 2023)
- Seaford Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $14,421
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Seaford
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Taking advantage of a solar company can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Also, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar energy, going with a solar installer can help with that as well. Different providers can offer warranties, expertise on installation and sometimes even information on local incentives.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't sure which solar installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Seaford
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Seaford
The cost of installing a solar system in Seaford can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The largest one is the size of the system your home needs, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of installing solar panels. For that reason, it's crucial to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Seaford offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your all-in costs, so it's crucial to include that in your estimate as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you choose will play a role in your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Seaford know more about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,993||9.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,654||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$37,480||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$45,472||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$53,629||8.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,951||8.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$70,438||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$79,091||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Seaford, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will carry various brands and models of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for replacement parts and repairs over around 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one indication of a quality company.
- Contract: When reading over your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Seaford, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.