Solar Panel Cost Guide in Roslyn Heights, NY (Jan 2023)
- Roslyn Heights Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $14,421
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Roslyn Heights
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners opt to go with a solar company since handling can be a difficult project. Plus, if you aren't sure what brand of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar company can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Roslyn Heights
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Roslyn Heights
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Roslyn Heights is $7,950, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power production require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,950. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. In many cases, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are a solid option because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you hire to install your solar panel system can influence your pricing. Roslyn Heights' solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and go with the company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,993||9.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,654||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$37,480||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$45,472||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$53,629||8.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,951||8.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$70,438||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$79,091||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the installation company you choose greatly influences your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they understand how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the project timeline.
- Reputation: Solar system installers that have great reviews from their customers and that have been operating for many years most likely provide high-quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's Roslyn Heights, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.