Solar Panel Cost Guide in Rome, NY (Feb 2023)
- Rome Solar Installation Cost: $9,540
- 25-Year Savings: $6,667
- Payback Period: 14.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Rome
DIY solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Taking advantage of an installer can make your swap to solar power much easier. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Rome
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Rome
There are a number of factors that can determine your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's important to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Rome, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Rome homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you choose will play a role in your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$8,163||15.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$11,215||15.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$14,432||14.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$17,814||14.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$21,361||14.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$25,073||13.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$28,951||13.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$32,994||13.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the installation company you choose greatly affects your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, be sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry different brands and models of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Warranty: If you care about the endurance of your solar panels, ensuring your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
EcoWatch's Rome, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.