Solar Panel Cost Guide in Putnam Valley, NY (Jan 2023)
- Putnam Valley Solar Installation Cost: $8,921
- 25-Year Savings: $13,366
- Payback Period: 10.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Putnam Valley
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it takes extra energy and know-how. For that reason, most people choose a solar panel installer. Companies can also offer access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for your family.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Putnam Valley
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Putnam Valley
While the average cost of a solar system in Putnam Valley is $8,921, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are quite a few factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
When it comes to estimating the cost of solar panels in Putnam Valley, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy consumption, which you can figure out by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,950 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Putnam Valley, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Putnam Valley homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. While solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Putnam Valley homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Putnam Valley, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$18,056||10.4 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$24,406||10.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$30,920||10.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$37,600||9.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$44,444||9.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$51,454||9.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$58,630||9.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$65,970||9.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies to choose from in Putnam Valley, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Make sure your solar panel installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking its number of years in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer in regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Putnam Valley, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.