Solar Panel Cost Guide in Perinton, NY (Jan 2023)
- Perinton Solar Installation Cost: $8,611
- 25-Year Savings: $7,729
- Payback Period: 13.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Perinton
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it requires extra time and handiness. For that reason, most people choose to hire a solar panel installer. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Perinton, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Perinton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Perinton
The cost of installing a solar system in Perinton can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The biggest one is your system size, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar panel system in Perinton, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy usage, which you can figure out by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,950 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Typically, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Perinton to be too steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in higher prices over time because of interest. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's crucial to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you choose to install your solar panels can affect how much it costs. Perinton's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and go with the company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$10,629||13.7 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$14,503||13.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$18,541||13.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$22,745||12.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$27,114||12.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$31,649||12.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$36,348||12.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$41,213||11.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about your solar system's energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a large role in the company you opt for.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Perinton, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.