Solar Panel Cost Guide in Parma, NY (Jan 2023)
- Parma Solar Installation Cost: $8,611
- 25-Year Savings: $8,213
- Payback Period: 12.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Parma
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since installing solar panels on your own can be a lot of work. In addition, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar power, going with a solar company can help with that as well. Different providers can offer warranties, expertise on solar panel installation and sometimes even information on local incentives and net metering programs.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Parma
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Parma
There are many criteria that can influence your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,950. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your electric bills. Additionally, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Parma average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a solid option because they decrease your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your all-in costs, so it's vital to keep that in mind as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to green energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Parma, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and go with the company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$11,325||13.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$15,430||13.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$19,700||12.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$24,136||12.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$28,737||12.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$33,503||12.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$38,434||11.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$43,531||11.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for panel repairs and maintenance over around 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one indication of a quality company.
- Reputation: Well-established companies likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Contract: When reading through your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's Parma, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.