Solar Panel Cost Guide in Oneida, NY (Jan 2023)
- Oneida Solar Installation Cost: $9,540
- 25-Year Savings: $6,064
- Payback Period: 15.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Oneida
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners opt to use a solar installer since installing a solar system yourself can be a difficult project. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Oneida, we've put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Oneida
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Oneida
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Oneida: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in Oneida, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,950 for each additional kilowatt you need. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Oneida average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Oneida to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar installer in the area provides financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in higher prices over time because of interest. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to clean energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Oneida, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$7,395||15.9 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$10,190||15.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$13,150||15.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$16,276||15.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$19,567||14.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$23,023||14.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$26,644||14.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$30,431||13.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Oneida, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Make sure your solar company has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before deciding.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Oneida, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.