Solar Panel Cost Guide in North Great River, NY (Feb 2023)
- North Great River Solar Installation Cost: $8,033
- 25-Year Savings: $14,338
- Payback Period: 9.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in North Great River
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel company since trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be time-consuming. The expertise that solar companies provide can be useful as well, particularly if you aren't sure what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
Working with a professional solar company can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in North Great River
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in North Great River
There are many factors that can affect your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
When it comes to estimating the cost of solar panels in North Great River, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy usage, which you can figure out by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,950 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like North Great River, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is too expensive, solar loans are a solid route because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining significant cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of clean energy solutions in North Great River, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in North Great River are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,650||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,197||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$36,909||9.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$44,786||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$52,829||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,037||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$69,410||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$77,948||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: When reading over your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: The type of solar panel you want to get plays a role in which company you should opt for, since different companies provide different panels.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer regarding how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's North Great River, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.