Solar Panel Cost Guide in North Dansville, NY (Jan 2023)
- North Dansville Solar Installation Cost: $9,623
- 25-Year Savings: $6,475
- Payback Period: 14.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in North Dansville
When going solar, many homeowners choose to use a solar company since installing solar panels yourself can be a difficult project. The expertise that solar companies provide can be useful as well, especially if you don't quite know what type of solar equipment would be right for your home.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in North Dansville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in North Dansville
There are several criteria that can affect your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,950 per kilowatt in North Dansville. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Generally, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a popular choice because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last significant cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the growing popularity of renewable energy solutions in North Dansville, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. The company's size sometimes plays the most significant role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$7,842||15.5 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$10,786||15.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$13,895||14.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$17,170||14.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$20,610||14.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$24,215||14.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$27,985||13.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$31,921||13.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies to choose from in North Dansville, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for defective panels and repairs over a couple decades are the gold standard in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one sign of a quality company.
EcoWatch's North Dansville, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.