Solar Panel Cost Guide in North Amityville, NY (Feb 2023)
- North Amityville Solar Installation Cost: $8,033
- 25-Year Savings: $14,338
- Payback Period: 9.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in North Amityville
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Using a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. Plus, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar power, using a solar installer can help with that too. Different providers can offer repairs, expertise on solar panel installation and sometimes even information on local incentives and net metering programs.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in North Amityville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in North Amityville
The cost of installing a solar system in North Amityville can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The most significant one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The size of the solar panel system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,950. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your energy bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the North Amityville average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in North Amityville provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose will impact your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in North Amityville are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,650||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,197||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$36,909||9.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$44,786||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$52,829||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,037||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$69,410||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$77,948||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in North Amityville, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will have various brands and models of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about your solar system's energy production.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar system running for a long time and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
EcoWatch's North Amityville, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.