Solar Panel Cost Guide in Niagara, NY (Jan 2023)
- Niagara Solar Installation Cost: $8,590
- 25-Year Savings: $7,617
- Payback Period: 13.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Niagara
Many homeowners decide to hire a solar panel installer since trying to install solar panels yourself can be time-consuming. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Niagara
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Niagara
Though the average cost of a solar system in Niagara is $8,590, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are several factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar panel system in Niagara, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,950 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Typically, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Niagara have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's important to include that in your estimate as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining key cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of renewable energy solutions in Niagara, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$10,493||13.8 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$14,321||13.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$18,314||13.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$22,472||13.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$26,796||12.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$31,285||12.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$35,939||12.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$40,758||11.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Make sure your solar panel installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its number of years in business and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about your solar system's energy production.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Niagara, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.