Solar Panel Cost Guide in Nesconset, NY (Jan 2023)
- Nesconset Solar Installation Cost: $8,033
- 25-Year Savings: $14,338
- Payback Period: 9.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Nesconset
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Going with a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Nesconset
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Nesconset
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Nesconset is $8,033, your actual cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
The size of the solar panel system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,950. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Nesconset, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Nesconset homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's vital to take that into consideration as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Nesconset is the company you choose to install your PV system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,650||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,197||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$36,909||9.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$44,786||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$52,829||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,037||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$69,410||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$77,948||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies available in Nesconset, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Review the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand the cost breakdown, completion timeline rebates and warranties.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before making your decision.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the durability of your solar energy system, verifying that your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
EcoWatch's Nesconset, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.