Solar Panel Cost Guide in Montauk, NY (Feb 2023)
- Montauk Solar Installation Cost: $8,033
- 25-Year Savings: $14,338
- Payback Period: 9.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Montauk
DIY solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Hiring an installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. The payback period on a solar system will vary depending on factors like your location and energy needs, but going with a solar installer can shorten it. Your provider will be able to help you get the most out of incentives available in your area.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Montauk, we've compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Montauk
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Montauk
For many Montauk homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Montauk, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,950 per kilowatt in Montauk. The solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your power bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Montauk average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Montauk provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. Even though solar loans make going solar more accessible for Montauk homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last key cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Montauk, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,650||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,197||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$36,909||9.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$44,786||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$52,829||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,037||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$69,410||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$77,948||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Warranty: A high-quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Montauk, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.