Solar Panel Cost Guide in Manhasset, NY (Jan 2023)
- Manhasset Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $14,421
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Manhasset
Although it's possible to install solar panels by yourself, it takes extra effort and know-how. For that reason, almost all homeowners choose a solar panel installer. The expertise that solar installers offer can be invaluable as well, particularly if you aren't sure what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Manhasset
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Manhasset
There are a number of factors that can affect your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The size of the solar panel system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,950. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your energy bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Manhasset average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a solid option because they cut back your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last significant cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Manhasset, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that has the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,993||9.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,654||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$37,480||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$45,472||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$53,629||8.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,951||8.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$70,438||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$79,091||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you need plays a part in which company you should go with, since different companies offer different panels.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer regarding how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Manhasset, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.