Solar Panel Cost Guide in Levittown, NY (Feb 2023)
- Levittown Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $14,421
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Levittown
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Hiring a solar company can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Companies can also provide access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for you.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't certain which solar system company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Levittown:
See all of the solar companies in Levittown
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Levittown
The cost of installing a solar system in Levittown can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The biggest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The size of the solar panel system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,950. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Levittown provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose will play a role in your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,993||9.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,654||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$37,480||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$45,472||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$53,629||8.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,951||8.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$70,438||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$79,091||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the cost.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer with regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a considerable role in the company you go with.
EcoWatch's Levittown, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.