Solar Panel Cost Guide in Kirkwood, NY (Feb 2023)
- Kirkwood Solar Installation Cost: $9,582
- 25-Year Savings: $4,393
- Payback Period: 17.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Kirkwood
Trying to install solar panels on your own can be a stressful project, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Local solar companies can also help you optimize your return on investment by walking you through any local incentives you can benefit from and by offering warranties and repairs.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Kirkwood
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Kirkwood
For many Kirkwood homeowners, the decision to go solar depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Kirkwood, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar panel system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,950. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Kirkwood average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is too expensive, solar loans are an affordable route because they reduce your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. Though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Kirkwood homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you hire to install your solar panel system can impact how much you pay. Kirkwood's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$5,182||17.8 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$7,240||17.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$9,463||17.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$11,851||16.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$14,405||16.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$17,123||16.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$20,007||15.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$23,056||15.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Kirkwood, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the longevity of your solar system, checking if your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can help put you at ease.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Kirkwood, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.