Solar Panel Cost Guide in Huntington, NY (Jan 2023)
- Huntington Solar Installation Cost: $8,033
- 25-Year Savings: $14,338
- Payback Period: 9.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Huntington
Many homeowners decide to hire a solar panel company since trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be a lot of work. Some solar companies, particularly local ones, can help you make the most of incentives in Huntington, therefore optimizing your ROI.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Huntington
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Huntington
Although the average cost of a solar system in Huntington is $8,033, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are several factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,950 per kilowatt in Huntington. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Huntington, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Huntington provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's vital to include that in your estimate as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Huntington is the company you choose to install your PV system. Similar to choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for example, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. The company's size sometimes plays the most significant role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because of greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,650||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,197||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$36,909||9.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$44,786||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$52,829||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,037||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$69,410||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$77,948||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Warranty: A high-quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's Huntington, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.