Solar Panel Cost Guide in Hewlett, NY (Jan 2023)
- Hewlett Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $13,985
- Payback Period: 9.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Hewlett
Installing solar panels yourself can be a stressful project, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you're looking for a solar installer in Hewlett, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Hewlett
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Hewlett
While the average cost of a solar system in Hewlett is $7,950, your final cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,950. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Hewlett, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are an affordable choice because they reduce your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to green energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Hewlett, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,313||9.4 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$28,748||9.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$36,348||9.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$44,113||8.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$52,043||8.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$60,139||8.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$68,400||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$76,826||8.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Hewlett, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: The model of solar panel you want to get plays a part in which installer you should go with, since different companies offer different panels.
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company in regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panels are installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Hewlett, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.