Solar Panel Cost Guide in Heritage Hills, NY (Feb 2023)
- Heritage Hills Solar Installation Cost: $8,652
- 25-Year Savings: $6,148
- Payback Period: 14.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Heritage Hills
DIY solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Taking advantage of a solar company can make switching to solar power much easier. Companies can also offer access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for your home.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't sure which solar installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Heritage Hills
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Heritage Hills
For many Heritage Hills homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Heritage Hills, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,950 per kilowatt in Heritage Hills. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your power bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Heritage Hills average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Heritage Hills to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar installer in the area offers financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to a higher cost over time due to interest. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Heritage Hills is the company you hire to install your solar panel system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$8,326||15.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$11,432||14.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$14,703||14.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$18,139||14.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$21,741||14.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$25,507||13.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$29,439||13.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$33,536||13.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry different brands and models of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the completion timeline.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
EcoWatch's Heritage Hills, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.