Solar Panel Cost Guide in Hartsdale, NY (Jan 2023)
- Hartsdale Solar Installation Cost: $8,652
- 25-Year Savings: $24,687
- Payback Period: 6.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Hartsdale
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it requires extra effort and knowledge. That's one of the reasons most homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. Companies can also have access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be best for your home.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Hartsdale, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Hartsdale
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Hartsdale
For many Hartsdale homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Hartsdale, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,950. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Hartsdale, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Hartsdale to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in higher prices over time because of interest. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's vital to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar system can affect the cost. Hartsdale's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$34,898||6.7 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$46,861||6.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$58,989||6.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$71,283||6.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$83,741||6.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$96,365||6.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$109,154||6.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$122,108||5.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies available in Hartsdale, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies offer various brands and kinds of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: When reading over your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Hartsdale, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.