Solar Panel Cost Guide in Harrison, NY (Jan 2023)
- Harrison Solar Installation Cost: $8,652
- 25-Year Savings: $24,687
- Payback Period: 6.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Harrison
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Taking advantage of a solar panel installer can make your swap to solar power much easier. A solar company can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by providing warranties, repairs and part replacements.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Harrison, we've compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Harrison
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Harrison
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Harrison: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,950 per kilowatt in Harrison. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Harrison, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Harrison offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your total costs, so it's important to include that in your estimate as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you choose will impact your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Harrison know more about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$34,898||6.7 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$46,861||6.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$58,989||6.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$71,283||6.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$83,741||6.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$96,365||6.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$109,154||6.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$122,108||5.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Solar companies that have great reviews from their customers and that have been operating for many years likely offer good-quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's necessary to maintain an open line of communication with your solar company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Harrison, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.