Solar Panel Cost Guide in Granby, NY (Jan 2023)
- Granby Solar Installation Cost: $9,458
- 25-Year Savings: $7,212
- Payback Period: 14.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Granby
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners opt to go with a solar company since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a challenging project. A solar company can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and component replacements.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some in Granby:
See all of the solar companies in Granby
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Granby
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that affect your total cost in Granby: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar panel system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,950. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. In general, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Granby, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your all-in costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you pick will influence your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Granby have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$8,945||14.8 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$12,256||14.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$15,734||14.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$19,376||13.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$23,183||13.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$27,156||13.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$31,294||13.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$35,597||12.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies to choose from in Granby, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's important to maintain an open line of communication with your solar installer. Make sure you understand how the installation process will go and the project timeline.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
EcoWatch's Granby, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.