Solar Panel Cost Guide in Glenville, NY (Jan 2023)
- Glenville Solar Installation Cost: $9,189
- 25-Year Savings: $6,783
- Payback Period: 14.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Glenville
Many homeowners choose to use a solar panel installer since installing solar panels yourself can be challenging. Plus, if you're unsure what brand of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar expert can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't sure which solar system installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Glenville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Glenville
For many Glenville homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Glenville, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,950 per kilowatt in Glenville. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Typically, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Glenville have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you opt for to install your solar system can impact the cost. Glenville's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$8,667||14.9 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$11,886||14.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$15,271||14.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$18,821||14.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$22,536||13.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$26,416||13.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$30,461||13.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$34,672||12.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar panel installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the cost.
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's Glenville, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.