Solar Panel Cost Guide in Gardnertown, NY (Feb 2023)
- Gardnertown Solar Installation Cost: $8,941
- 25-Year Savings: $13,059
- Payback Period: 10.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Gardnertown
DIY solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Hiring a solar company can make your switch to solar power much easier. A solar company can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and component replacements.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Gardnertown, we've compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Gardnertown
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Gardnertown
While the average cost of a solar system in Gardnertown is $8,941, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with greater efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,950. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. In many cases, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. Plus, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Gardnertown provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to renewable energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Gardnertown, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and find a company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$17,615||10.6 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$23,818||10.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$30,185||10.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$36,718||10.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$43,416||9.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$50,279||9.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$57,307||9.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$64,500||9.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies available in Gardnertown, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a significant role in the company you hire.
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Gardnertown, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.