Solar Panel Cost Guide in Fort Drum, NY (Feb 2023)
- Fort Drum Solar Installation Cost: $9,520
- 25-Year Savings: $6,687
- Payback Period: 14.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Fort Drum
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it takes extra time and know-how. That's why most homeowners choose a solar panel installer. Another great thing about choosing a reliable solar installer is that it'll likely provide warranties and free repairs, which help protect your solar investment.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Fort Drum
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Fort Drum
For many Fort Drum homeowners, the decision to install solar panels comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Fort Drum, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar system in Fort Drum, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past electricity bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,950 for each additional kilowatt you need. The model of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will largely influence costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more costly. Moreover, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Fort Drum offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Fort Drum is the company you hire to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$8,215||15.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$11,283||15.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$14,517||14.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$17,916||14.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$21,481||14.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$25,210||13.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$29,105||13.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$33,165||13.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the company you choose significantly affects your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it fully so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Reputation: Solar companies that have great reviews from their customers and that have been operating for many years most likely provide good-quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process works and the completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Fort Drum, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.